23 Jun Industrial Engineer
Department: TIE 31/51
Type: Full time, permanent
• Suitably Qualified.
• Senior Certificate.
• National Diploma/ Degree in Mechanical/ Industrial Engineer or similar technical qualification.
• MS Excel (Intermediate).
• Computer Skills.
• Project Management (advantageous).
• Managing of Manufacturing outputs in a lean manufacturing environment.
Roles and Responsibilities
Elimination of waste
• Implement manufacturing improvements in line with delegated projects.
• Driving the business manufacturing excellence strategy by deploying lean principles in line with agreed projects.
• Identify, evaluate & implement improvement idea that result in tangible improvements in productivity, elimination of waste and deliver the objectives set out in the 4-pillar strategy.
- Manage A3 problem solving activity to eliminate waste & improve production within areas of control. .
5S and Safety, Health & Environmental
• Manage and improve 5s in area of responsibility according to the 5S Audit Sheet.
• Comply with SHEMS procedures & requirements.
• Responsible for ensuring ongoing compliance including maintenance of risk registers, auditing & audit reports
- Engage with customers and respond to concerns/requests raised by the customers.
- Responsible for delegated elements of the APQP process and maintain QMS systems.
- Implement & uphold quality standards to reduce defects within the plant, as per targets defined by the quality control board.
• Conduct process audits to ensure alignment between developed standards & implemented process.
• Support on time delivery of good quality products.
• Support sales & marketing with preparation of technical solutions for quotation purposes.
• Develop & manage detailed plans for implementation new commercial projects.
• Develop detailed timing plans for engineering changes & manage projects according to the deliverables identified in the plan.
• Develop and manage internal projects according to the deliverables identified in the plan.
• Drive and implement actions raised in line with the Quality Management System.
• Responsible for own personal attendance to ensure it is 98% on an ongoing basis.
• Responsible for own personal development in line with the company strategy.
• Enforce & adhere to all policies & procedures.
• Prepare training plans & meet training objectives.
• Conduct OJT Training with approved work instructions and in accordance with the training plan approved by management.
• Conduct process audits as per the Audit schedule, identify findings and implement actions taken to address the findings
Competencies and Attributes Required
• Proven practical technical competence with Company relevant production technology.
• Leadership skills to deliver projects, processes & manufacturing improvements in a lean manufacturing environment.
• Understanding of production processes.
• Managing Change & Uncertainty.
• Team Worker and Strong Communication Skills.
• Analytical Thinker.
• Problem Solving.
• Work Accurately.
• Decision Making Ability.
Preference will be given to employees from the designated groups in line with the provisions of the Employment Equity Act, No 55 of 1998 and any amendments
thereto, Ramsay Engineering (PTY)LTD Internal Recruitment Policy as well as the Employment Equity Plan.
NB: If applicants have not received a response two weeks after the closing date, please accept that your applications have not been successful. CLOSING DATE: 27th June 2022