15 Jun Key MPL Manager
Type: Full time, permanent
- Grade 12 (Critical)
- Diploma/Degree in Logistics and Supply Chain Management (Advantageous)
- 5+ years’ experience in a Manufacturing Environment
- 2+ years’ experience in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- 5+ year’s Management of Staff
Roles and Responsibilities
5S and Safety, Health and Environment
- Manage and improve 5S
- Follow SHEMS Procedures and promote a safety and environmental responsibility culture
- Responsible for the effectiveness of the material planning process to ensure material supply meets production requirements.
- Develop average daily production requirements from customer forecasts for production planning.
- Manage material planning requirements from customer forecasts to supplier forecasts and orders.
- Work with stores and production departments to ensure stock level accuracy for planning purposes.
- Plan, budget and monitor local supplier delivery and collection schedules with selected external transport agency to meet requirements and needs of production.
- Collaborate with internal and external suppliers to forecast, plan and expedite material call-off’s on-time with selected external transport agency.
- Expedite delayed materials and escalate delays within the supplier to ensure no interruption to both Ramsay and its customers.
- Monitor and report supplier stock levels in line with agreements and implement action plans where required.
- Prepare and present delivery action plans and countermeasures with management and customers.
Material Planning & Import Logistics
- Submit and review stock codes for current and new business in line Bill of Material requirements for Syspro ERP.
- Prepare and review import logistics budget vs actual for both freight and duties.
- Review and approve import invoices in line with tariff libraries to ensure customs compliance.
- Approve clearing instructions with freight forwarding agents.
- Create and implement best practical MP&L vision, strategy, policies, and processes to support and improve operational performance.
- Review opportunities to improve operational performance and ensure minimal operational disruption and maximum customer satisfaction.
- Performance manage MP & L team to ensure they meet their KPI’s/ deliverables.
- Ensure that the key resources in your area of control have an IDP in place.
- Monitor and action any timekeeping/absenteeism concerns to reduce absenteeism and meet target of 98% within area of control.
- Take ownership of material planning issues that may arise which include over and under delivery and take follow up actions especially in the event of material shortages that effect production.
- Seek and implement systems to overcome issues arising, in order to meet production requirements and address operational risks.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with suppliers and customers.
- Take lead in internal and external relationships to ensure consistent, timely and effective communication regarding material availability and customer deliverables.
Preference will be given to employees from the designated groups in line with the provisions of the Employment Equity Act, No 55 of 1998 and any amendments
thereto, Ramsay Engineering (PTY)LTD Internal Recruitment Policy as well as the Employment Equity Plan.
NB: If applicants have not received a response two weeks after the closing date, please accept that your applications have not been successful. CLOSING DATE: 20th June 2022