13 May Quality Inspector
Type: Full time, permanent
- Suitable Qualified.
- Senior Certificate.
- Basic Computer Skills.
- Quality control systems within the automotive industry .
- Metal pressing/Welding/Metal Finishing/Coating experience/Moulding/Trim/Assemblies.
Roles and Responsibilities
Elimination of waste
- Accurately count & record defects on the Total Quality Management (TQM) Board and defect types.
- Manage quarantine store stock with the goal to reduce its inventory as per the TQM boards daily.
- Administration of dispositions & deviations.
- Isolate and identify all defective and incomplete parts and store in Quarantine area.
- Ensure all incoming product is qualified for use in the Ramsay production facilities.
- Conduct sort and prevent parts outflow to customers where there are quality concerns.
- Ensure 1st OFF/IN process and LAST OFF/IN process are conducted to the correct standard and given timeously to the line.
- Kaizen Initiatives: Make suggestions to improve and reduce defects.
- Ensure 5S.
- Promote 5S condition in affected working areas as well as common work areas allocated.
Health, Safety and Environment
- Correct PPE Usage. HEMS (Safety, health, environmental management system).
- Safety Mind Set. Incident Reporting.
- Parts quality: Ensure parts produced are verified to meet quality specifications as per control plan.
- Control non-conforming products.
- Completion of work cycle.
- Product Identification and status.
- Verify that all Quality requirements as per Documentation is implemented on the line.
- Measuring instruments and Gauges (calibration).
- Ensure all quality documentation is present on the line.
- Supplier quality management.
- Measurement reports.
- Dunnage & Packaging.
- Ensure parts meet the required standards prior to release.
- Escalation of quality concerns.
- Manage & Maintain the Total Quality Management Board (TQM) Daily.
- Personal attendance.
- Responsible for own personal attendance to ensure it is 98% on a ongoing basis.
- Problem Escalation.
- Visualisation & Measurement of Data.
- Carry out instructions/tasks.
- Personal Development: Identify gaps/opportunities within the organisation.
- Adhere to HR policies & procedures.
Competencies and Attributes Required
- Use of Measuring Equipment.
- Quality control systems within the Automotive Industry.
- Strong communication skills. Teamwork.
- Problem solving/FRP Process.
- Able to use measuring equipment
- Understand the disciplinary code and grievance procedure.
- Understanding of production processes.
- Ability to interpret technical drawings
Preference will be given to employees from the designated groups in line with the provisions of the Employment Equity Act, No 55 of 1998 and any amendments
thereto, Ramsay Engineering (PTY)LTD Internal Recruitment Policy as well as the Employment Equity Plan.
NB: If applicants have not received a response two weeks after the closing date, please accept that your applications have not been successful. CLOSING DATE: 17th May 2022